Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Scenes from Anna's Big Day: May 6, 2007

Anna made her first communion this Sunday, 31 years almost to the day after I made mine. It was lovely--the weather, the ceremony, the nostalgia. A few scenes:

The cake















The girl and the gown















The veil (worn by my three sisters and me for our own first communions)















The memorabilia (I'd asked my mom and grandma to bring old family photos of first communions--we had four generations' worth of pictures, cards, and ceremony programs!)














The ceremony















The friends















The presents!














The party time with the cousins

10 Comments:

At May 09, 2007 12:15 AM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

absolutely lovely photos!

 
At May 09, 2007 8:02 AM, Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Congrats to your daughter!!! What a lovely cake!!!

 
At May 09, 2007 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful girl!

 
At May 09, 2007 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous. Is the trend now to wear long dresses? Or was it a coincidence. If I can find my communion photo, I'll put it up on my site.

 
At May 09, 2007 7:45 PM, Blogger susan said...

Happy, happy day. What neat family traditions!!!

 
At May 09, 2007 8:50 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

And yes, Joanna, the trend is to wear long dresses. It's a little disconcerting, since they look like wedding dresses. At least nobody in Anna's class had spaghetti-strap gowns, which I've seen at other first communions in recent years.

Also, I'd thought about having Anna wear my first communion dress, but it was TINY on her--like something she would've worn when she was four years old! Amazing!

 
At May 10, 2007 6:31 PM, Blogger undine said...

Lovely pictures. I'm impressed that you still have your first communion veil, too!

 
At May 11, 2007 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The long dresses kind of suggest that they are going to be professing holy orders as brides of Christ. But the ankle socks keep it real!

 
At May 19, 2007 5:01 AM, Blogger Andromeda Jazmon said...

Congratulations to Anna! She is beautiful.

I added you to my new-ish personal blog's blogroll at http://sandycovetrail.wordpress.com

 
At May 20, 2007 9:57 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Thanks, Cloudscome! I'll check out your new place!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home