Friday, September 01, 2006

First days

My first day of kindergarten, 1973:



















Kate's first day of kindergarten, 2006:















She doesn't have quite the "scared shitless look" (my mom's description of my first-day photo) that I had.

Kate's had a few tears each morning so far, but when I pick her up at the end of the day, the report's always good. Knock-on-wood.

5 Comments:

At September 01, 2006 3:57 PM, Blogger Addy N. said...

Deb:
That is awesome! I wish I had my picture to post, too (it was 1975 for me!) My daughter started 1st grade on Tuesday- new school, bus for the first time, so it was an exciting week! Kate looks cute. Good to have a post from you again, too!

 
At September 01, 2006 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Kate! I just love first day of school pictures. Thanks for sharing!

 
At September 01, 2006 9:49 PM, Blogger Aliki2006 said...

Wow! I wish I had done some first day posts like that--mine our always of my son's back, as he heads off with a gigantic backpack on!

 
At September 04, 2006 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb--cute contrast--you look very tentative and kate looks ready to take it on.

 
At September 04, 2006 11:31 PM, Blogger Repressed Librarian said...

Lovely photos (even though you *do* look a bit frightened there!). The comparison is really neat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home