Why haven't I been blogging?
I've been mulling over this question for a couple weeks now. And the best answer I could come up with was this: I don't have any grading to do.
Yep, I think that's the main reason for my absence here. I so often turn to the blog when I'm procrastinating on reading/ responding to/ grading students' papers. But I don't have any papers this summer.
I *did* do some teaching this summer--in a six-week program for teens. I only had 10 kids, though, and I read and commented on all their work in conferences or workshops. So: no papers to read on my own time. No need to put off the paper-grading by blogging. Poor blog.
What I *have* been doing, besides that little bit of teaching:
-tearing up carpet in two rooms
-painting those two rooms
-writing some (mostly work stuff--proposals, reports)
-reading!! (not blogs, though)
-taking the kids to swim lessons
-trying to stay cool in this f-ing heat
-happy hour-ing with my girls (not Anna and Kate--my other girls, my workgirls)
Not bad, overall.



12 Comments:
Good for you! I'm always happy when you check in, but it's good to hear that you are enjoying your life in other ways.
Nice to hear you are still out there, Deb! That's great you have been away from the computer and doing other things. I'll look forward to hearing more from you when classes start again!
I'm glad you are still out there . . . I've missed your voice here!
Bloggin' is hard to maintain I think.
Sounds like you've been busy though, which is good.
Things seem quiet all over the blogs during the summer.
TOO funny, Collin!
Thanks for the encouragement and understanding, all.
I think that I'm like you, Deb--I need the impetus of the academic year to get into blogging--and i also think that not blogging for stretches of time is a good thing--gives us time for other parts of our lives.
Glad to hear you are back!!!!
Good things to do during a blog vacation! Glad you are back.
Shelly--
Oh my gosh, that's awesome!!
Congrats!!
Shelly--
Oh my gosh, that's awesome!!
Congrats!!
This is very interesting site... »
Post a Comment
<< Home