Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Race for the Cure

I finished the 5K Saturday. No problem. With the perfect weather and the crowds and the bands at every corner, it felt like the shortest 3.1 miles I've ever run.

I love Race for the Cure. It's so huge in my town (over 30,000 participants this year!). And it's so emotional. All those runners/walkers wearing "I race in memory of ____" or "I race in celebration of _____" signs on their backs. My mother-in-law died of breast cancer 5 years ago, so I wore her name on my sign.

And I thought of her often during the run. I miss you, Kath.

8 Comments:

At May 23, 2006 1:51 PM, Blogger comebacknikki said...

Congratulations!! :)

 
At May 23, 2006 6:04 PM, Blogger susan said...

I'm glad you finished so well!

 
At May 23, 2006 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

 
At May 24, 2006 8:37 AM, Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Cheers for you!! And a great cause too!!!

 
At May 25, 2006 10:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

way to go! and such a meaningful cause for you.

 
At June 07, 2006 9:49 PM, Blogger negativecapability said...

Congratulations! I'm going to go this Saturday with the boyfriends mom, who is a survivor.

 
At February 16, 2007 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. shaved frenc girls Top best digital camera 92 ford f150 Backstreet boys stationery Awnings salt lake fat pussy granny pussy sis pussy Dominican edition collectible shoes law enforcement surveillance catalog

 
At February 21, 2007 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. effexor withdrawal side effects How many children take ritalin Free pics of nude fat chicks Nexium i v xenical uk forum Renault scenic 1 asthma cleaning products

 

Post a Comment

<< Home