Fleeting
(For Jackie.)
The last time we were house-hunting, we looked at a house with two huge lilac bushes in the back. It was mid-May, and the flowers were already spent, but I could imagine the heavenly scent that must've wafted into the house just a few weeks earlier. I knew I wanted that house.
It's our house now, and this is our third May in it. The lilacs are more beautiful than ever this year. Every vase and empty pickle jar I own is filled with cut lilacs. They're my absolute favorite.
I know, though, that their glory is fleeting, and I find myself feeling nostalgic for them before they're even gone.





9 Comments:
I love lilacs, too. You've prompted me to get outside and plant a bush or two.
Those are lovely!
I adore lilacs, too. One of my favorite memories from my catholic childhood was mary day/may day when we processed with lilacs. And I have a lilac bush in my yard now, a gift from some neighbors upon the arrival of CG, and it reminds me of those friends, and my mother's lilacs in my childhood yard. They're such beautiful flowers.
Lilacs are my favorite, too. Here in Northern Clime, they're not out yet, but they should be soon. Thanks for the lilacs pictures before they're here in person.
so, so beautiful. thanks, deb.
I love lilacs. Ours will be coming out any day now.
Ours are just starting!
The whole width of our back fence is lilacs.
Lilacs are my favorite, too. They remind me of spring when I was a kid--we had a bush in the front yard and one in the back. Thanks for these pictures--I can almost smell them!
Simply beautiful!
Post a Comment
<< Home