Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Summer Project

A couple of months ago, a friend (who used to work at my school but now works in neighborhood development) and I worked on a grant proposal that we thought was a total longshot. I mean, I was really into the idea itself: we wanted to run a summer journalism project with twelfth graders who live in the low-income neighborhood that my friend now works in. But I knew the competition would be stiff because the funder is a major community-development organization. I hadn't really even thought about our proposal at all once we submitted it.

Well, guess what? Yeah. We just got word that we got the money. Not 100% of what we asked for, but enough to go ahead with our plans.

I'm completely shocked.

And excited.

But, oh my god, I now have a huge summer project ahead of me.

8 Comments:

At April 19, 2006 2:53 PM, Blogger Andromeda Jazmon said...

Oh wow that sounds great! You will have so much fun! And so much to write about...

 
At April 19, 2006 3:14 PM, Blogger Nels P. Highberg said...

Oh, wow, fantastic!

 
At April 19, 2006 3:16 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Hi, and welcome, Cloudscome. I see you're a children's librarian. How cool!

 
At April 19, 2006 3:17 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Thanks, Nels. I guess we *both* have big summer projects now, huh?

 
At April 19, 2006 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks wonderful news, Deb! Congrats!!!!

 
At April 19, 2006 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's excellent news!!

 
At April 20, 2006 1:13 AM, Blogger undine said...

Congrats! What a great idea!

 
At April 20, 2006 7:24 AM, Blogger Nan said...

The kids will definitely benefit from such a project. It's a great idea. Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home