Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Two quick questions

1. How do you create a link within a comment on someone's blog? I've been inserting an entire URL into a comment, but how do you make a fancy link like this?

2. What's the protocol for changing the name of your blog? Anybody ever done that? Does it just throw everything off? Is it too confusing for readers?

12 Comments:

At March 14, 2006 8:58 AM, Blogger ccw said...

the word you want to be visible and highlighted

Several of the blogs I read have changed names. Some changed it and didn't mention it, others posted about the change and asked people to update their blogrolls.

 
At March 14, 2006 9:04 AM, Blogger ccw said...

Oops, it made my comment a link to nothing. bear with my weird tags, btu blogger won't let me post it anywhere near normally.

However, it is the same as within a post:

opening tag is: a href="URL"
highlighted and visible word in between tags
closing tag> is: /a

 
At March 14, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

Link title

 
At March 14, 2006 9:29 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

wait, let me try that again...

<a href="http://link.com">Link Title</a>

 
At March 14, 2006 9:54 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Thanks for asking (and answering) that link question. I thought I knew how to use that coding, though, but I tried it lately and it didn't seem to work. I just tried it out on Blogger and things worked fine, but when I tried it on my site in Movable Type it didn't seem to work. I don't think I mistyped...any ideas? Is it possible with some blogging software and not others??

 
At March 14, 2006 12:04 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Thanks, all!!!

 
At March 14, 2006 3:58 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Junie B

 
At March 14, 2006 3:59 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Ha, it worked!!


And by the way: Hi Holly. Nice to see you 'round these parts.

 
At March 14, 2006 10:25 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

Holly, try it again in Moveable Type. It works on my blog, no prob. Maybe you copied the code wrong?

 
At April 21, 2006 7:31 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Words Fail Him

 
At February 06, 2007 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Pill pro loss weight free photos of sexy nude mature women

 
At April 26, 2007 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Kitchen design for arthritis living Calypso bathroom heater Secured credit card money Didrex saturday delivery before 2pm pacific 1997 dance hits Hiking trails in the mobile county area

 

Post a Comment

<< Home