Thursday, March 30, 2006

Glorious Day

Today was the most beautiful, perfect, glorious day we've had all year. Since I had no classes, office hours, or committee meetings, I decided to stay home with Kate all day.

DSC02317 We discovered crocuses in the front yard.


DSC02325
Of course, Kate picked these crocuses two seconds after I snapped the picture. So we took them as a little gift to her speech teacher this afternoon.

DSC02308

I took a gazillion pictures of Kate in various poses.

DSC02316

Our across-the-street neighbor saw us horsing around and offered to take photos of the two of us together.
DSC02314

DSC02341

When Anna got home from school, the neighbor girls came over to play. They were so happy to be outside and to see folks they hadn't seen in months. In this picture, they're waving like crazy to their favorite neighbor two houses down.

A delightful day. I hope there are many more to come this spring.

12 Comments:

At March 30, 2006 8:18 PM, Blogger luckybuzz said...

Looks like a great day! (And that picture of the two of you is *adorable*!)

 
At March 30, 2006 9:33 PM, Blogger susan said...

Thos are all cool photos! Those beautiful days are such gifts.

 
At March 30, 2006 10:18 PM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

you two are gorgeous!

 
At March 31, 2006 6:04 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Shelly: That's hilarious! Maybe I'll have to change the sidebar photo!

 
At March 31, 2006 8:16 AM, Blogger ccw said...

Beautiful pictures! Everyone looks so happy in the sunshine.

 
At March 31, 2006 10:11 AM, Blogger ~heather said...

what a lovely lovely day and what a lovely lovely way to spend it! I myself suffered for the first few hours because I had NO ONE to share it with. My mom came and picked me up from school yesterday and we were freaking out about the gorgeous-ness together. Then I came back and played catch in the front yard with my little brother; he and I picked a bunch of crocuses (even one beautiful white one!) from the garden of the empty house next door. The day demanded to be a good one, just because the weather was so perfect.

And I, too, am I HUGE fan of the picture of you and Kate. You both look so happy in such an engaging and simple way. :)

 
At March 31, 2006 10:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely! the day, the pictures, the spring!

 
At March 31, 2006 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate is so cute! So are you! It's 75 degrees in DC!

 
At March 31, 2006 4:21 PM, Blogger comebacknikki said...

What a cutie!

 
At April 01, 2006 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great pics!

 
At February 05, 2007 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

 
At February 16, 2007 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home