After 4C's
Glad
That I got to meet so many bloggers: Jo(e), Marcia, Timna, Angela, Nikki, Susan (whose scholarly work I've read!), Clancy, Mike, Liz. They were just as cool in real life as they are on their blogs.
That I ran into lots of old friends this time and got to really catch up with some of them, especially Cathy, Ellenmarie, Collin.
That I stayed with Marian, the best roommate ever, who does the most beautiful sun salutations every morning. Really, they're a work of art.
That I picked my sessions wisely. I only went to like 5 or 6, but they were all worthwhile.
That Marcia took such excellent notes. Now I can at least feel like I went to more than 5 sessions.
That my own session went well. And that I'd followed the suggestion of our media guy back home by bringing his remote clicker thing with me. It was so cool to not be tethered to my computer during the presentation.
That I got to visit with my brother Joe and his wife Jen, who live near Chicago. And that we got to disect the goings-on of the other seven siblings.
That the kids did okay without me and that our complicated plan for the care of their hair worked just fine, especially since Todd can't really even do a ponytail.
Sad
That United Airlines lost my luggage, which contained the little presents I'd promised the girls. (Got it back late Sunday night, though.)
That I didn't get to meet Joanna. (I hope you had a very restful week!)
That I only got to spend a tiny bit of time with Rich B., my former "boss," one of my favorite people in the whole wide world.
That I didn't make it to this presentation. It was right before mine, so I was still tweaking my slides.
That I had to say goodbye to my friends, especially the ones I only see once a year at 4C's.



6 Comments:
So glad that you had such a good time. I am completely envious that you got to meet so many wonderful bloggers.
Deb, I really enjoyed meeting and talking with you. If I get the scholarship for DMAC, we could maybe get together again in June.
CCW: I saw that you had a blogger meet-up recently! Very cool.
Marcia: June. Definitely.
lovely lovely
you still owe me coffee by the way, one whole quarter later
:)
It was so great to meet you!
It was great to meet you!
I'm still catching up -- thanks esp for suggesting that I come to the cc breakfast. This was definitely a conference I could feel at home attending.
Post a Comment
<< Home