Friday, January 27, 2006

Good things

1. I ran into one of my favorite students EVER today and had a nice lunch with her.

2. I finished a first draft of a report that's been hanging over my head. I usually don't procrastinate on "administrative" writing (I rather like that kind of writing!), but this one involves a sort of...I don't know.... sensitive rhetorical situation. I got the draft done fairly easily, though, and now I wish I hadn't put it off.

3. I got official word yesterday that I'm eligible to apply for tenure next year. Rules have changed around here: we can apply during our fourth academic year, but I started here mid-year (January 2004), and there was some confusion about how my time would be counted. Anyway, it was resolved in my favor: basically, I get to count my first year as a whole year. I even have an actual date: my portfolio will be due January 15, 2007. Woo-hoo.

3 Comments:

At January 29, 2006 9:49 PM, Blogger ~heather said...

Yay! I'm number one on your good things list! Yay! I merited using CAPS! More yay!! :) Remember to gimme a call about babysitting the munchkins anytime. Can't wait till next Monday!! :)

 
At February 03, 2006 8:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

congrats on the quick trip to tenure!

 
At April 25, 2007 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home