Tuesday, January 10, 2006

All apologies

Blog friends,

A million apologies for having been absent for so long (both here and in the comments sections of your blogs). And a million thank you's to those of you who've posted comments or sent emails inquiring into my whereabouts.

Several things happened that kept me off-blog:

--Like everybody, I got incredibly busy with holiday stuff.

--In the midst of that busy-ness, my mom revealed that Anna had told her she wanted this for Christmas: "for my mommy to stop being on the stupid computer so much."

--Ouch.

--Anna's comment got me thinking about how much energy I hadn't expended lately on real-life friends and family.

--And then I just spiraled into a funk about blogging.

--And then I stopped blog reading and writing (except for drafting a post about self-representation and audience creation in blogging, which just worsened the funk!).

--And then I got so behind on Bloglines that I dreaded even checking it.

And then...

--it seemed easier to just cover my eyes and ears and shout "lalalalala" and pretend the blog world doesn't exist.

But...

--something's drawing me back in.

I've missed you guys.

9 Comments:

At January 10, 2006 4:58 PM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

selfishly, I'm happy to "see" you here!

I totally understand the challenge between computer / life balance.

 
At January 10, 2006 5:48 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Well, I am also glad you are back.

 
At January 10, 2006 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you're back!

 
At January 10, 2006 9:06 PM, Blogger Nan said...

Deb, I'm so glad you're ok and it wasn't an earthquake or the like that wiped you off the blogging scene.

Sometimes kids can give you the wake-up call you need, and it sounds like you listened. Good for you!

 
At January 11, 2006 8:30 AM, Blogger ccw said...

So glad that everything is ok. I always worry when people just drop off the face of their blog.

Ouch! That is a painful thing to hear from your child. I hope that you are able to find a happy medium for you both.

 
At January 12, 2006 5:07 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Thanks for the kind comments. And for not making me feel guilty about being off-blog!

 
At February 06, 2007 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

 
At February 14, 2007 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! target corporation surveillance community http://www.visualization-penis-enlargement.info/Five_es_instructional_model.html Product reviews humidifiers Celexa derealisation create polyphonic ringtones block internet pop ups Legal malpractice louisiana Multi phone line surveillance equipment Easy divorces mba Mitsubishi outlander picture truck toppers nissan Company incorporation uk driving experience 2002 bmw 530i Lingcod fishing pictures Kelly rowland sex

 
At February 28, 2007 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Cheap prepaid international calling cards cheap phone card women flashing in public pee pissing shitting girls

 

Post a Comment

<< Home