Birthday in Boston
I'm off tonight to one of my favorite cities: Boston. My husband is attending a journalism conference there, and I'm tagging along. Without kids!
My birthday is this weekend, so the whole trip is kind of a birthday treat. Todd keeps saying I should sneak into the conference with him -- there *will* be some major authors speaking, after all -- but I'll be content to just lounge around the hotel room and maybe do a little shopping and then go to nice restaurants with Todd and his colleagues in the evening. Without kids!
Still much to do before I leave:
- take Kate to her speech appointment (done)
- pay bills online (done)
- pack my stuff
- pack the girls' stuff
- respond to just a couple more student papers
- drive the girls two hours away to grandma's (fortunately, we're flying out of grandma's city)
So I better get cracking.
One more thing: It's been a while since I've been to Boston. Any suggestions for restaurants, shopping etc.?
Oh, and one final thing: If my students are reading this, there *will* be a sub tomorrow! Welcome her. Do good work. I'll see ya next week.
And look for some photoblogging.



9 Comments:
I've been looking for a job in boston, among nearly every city in the country.... bostom is near the top of my list though.
And no, I have never been there....
Happy Birthday! Have a great time. The theater district usually has some pretty decent shows, and you can do the half price ticket thing the day of the show, like you can in NYC or Chicago. (HotTix? is that the name of the booth? The booth I went to was near Quincy Market.) When I was there, I saw Jonathan Larson's "Tick Tick Boom" starring JOEY MCINTYRE! I sat in the THIRD ROW! I could see his sparkly blue eyes! I could even see him spit while singing. Okay, that was gross, but that is how close I was to Joey of NKOTB fame. *sigh* Dreamy!
Oh yeah, I forgot. Happy Birthday!
so...how old are you? *raises eyebrows curiously* either way, I hope your birthday is happy in Boston. no tips from me, I've never been there, but have fun traveling without kids :)
Thanks, B* and Eunice, for the great tips!
Heather: 38 on Sunday. (Gah!)
Tom: I was worried that if I posted this, people wouldn't go to class. Glad to know that you at least went!
Oh, and Jesse--Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Happy Birthday! If you're in the North End, go to 2 Board Alley. It does exist!
Excellent, love it! Lesbians fuck movies miss trannys universe in london transvestite maxi clean waterbed conditioner Adult amateur video clips prescription diet pill Butt  boylove Filter hepa replacement honeywell hepa filter flanders bag Plastic surgery for men ct xenical new zealand Anal interracial porn Fluid freezer Mrs. katz voyeur Fax server for window Acme hentai
Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home