Thursday, November 17, 2005

My clever, clever Kate

Well, lest I get too sentimental about my little Kate...

Just as I finished my last post and started shutting down the computer, Kate went from quiet ketchup-licking girl to...well, something else.

She wanted to leave the coffee shop--which was fine with me. She asked nicely, but then she got huffy when I took a little too long to pack up my stuff.

"I wanna leave, I wanna leave." She started with just a faint little chant. When that didn't move me along fast enough, she got out of her chair, put her hands on her hips, and announced, loudly:

"Mom, I gotta POOP!"

Of course, she didn't really have to. But she knew she'd get my--and others'--attention.

The ketchup thing: that was cute. The loud poop statement: not so much.

2 Comments:

At November 22, 2005 11:47 AM, Blogger ~heather said...

I can't wait till I have kids who do that to me - I'm gonna laugh so hard at them and save it for years and embarass them with said incidents when they're older.

there's my uncopyrighted Devious Plot - you're free to pirate the idea for your revenge to come *winks*

 
At February 03, 2007 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home