What was I thinking?
I've got three conference presentations this month. There's one next week at a conference that's halfway across the country (and I'm still working on the kid-care thing for that one; my husband's running our local marathon during one of the days that I'll be gone. Yikes.) Then the following week there's one I can drive to, but I'll still be gone two days. The third one, thank god, is local.
All three of my presentations are on different topics.
What the %$# was I thinking?
The conferences are all fairly low-key: one regional, one statewide, and the other an internal conference. But they'll all still involve work (and worry) on my part--because I'm the kind of person who just doesn't have the ability to wing a presentation. I wish I had that gift; I totally admire it in others.
And of course, my students have papers due this week. So I have tons of commenting to do, on top of the presentation
This same thing happened last October. And I remember telling myself to never let it happen again. Why didn't I listen?



8 Comments:
There is a hilarious post on my page (not hilarious because of what I wrote, but because of the comments section -- I love my peeps!!) about the lies we tell ourselves. (it's a "selected posts" link in the left sidebar) Sounds like you told yourself, "Next time I'll remember not to overcommit next October!" I do these things, too.
You're right, B*! Those comments were hilarious. I'm glad you put that post in your sidebar!
Tom: Thanks. I'm getting smacked by that 2-by-4 bigtime this month. :)
hey, just hang in there and roll with the punches. you wanna kick yourself and cuss yourself out for doing to this to yourself EVEN WHEN YOU KNEW BETTER, but try and schedule something fun to do past all this stuff. *shruggs* always works for me when I have an awesome goal. "two more conferences until -blank-...one conference until -blank-..." :) just trying to be helpful
I look forward to reading about your presentations if you decide to blog about it! Good luck!
Michelle Palmer
Thanks, Heather. That's good advice.
And Michelle, welcome! I *will* try to blog about the presentations.
Eunice: Ha! That's funny! I guess "hang in there" *is* kind of a weird phrase!
You know, I did that same thing last year, and I will never, ever, ever, ever do it again. You have my sympathies. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home