So. Tired.
I'm. so. tired. And it's only 2:58 in the afternoon. Seriously, I'm tempted to close my office door, grab the plush purple pillow on my extra chair, crawl under my desk, and nap for a while. I don't have office hours right now. No classes, no meetings. I should just do it.
It's weird because I've been so productive all day. I
- copied my syllabi for my ASC 190 class this morning. (I know this doesn't sound like much, but when you're used to teaching in a networked classroom with everything posted online, the task of copying actual paper syllabi seems like, well, a task.)
- got through a somewhat complicated phone conversation about a problem I'm having with a grant application I'm working on.
- taught my class (which went quite well, once I got over my initial misreading of students' body language: I first thought they looked unfriendly, skeptical, and maybe even hostile. But I think they were really just nervous).
- came back to the office and revised the grant proposal, and then sent it off for comments.
- handled several email requests.
- scheduled a meeting for next week.
- found and scheduled a guest speaker for next week's ASC 190 class.
- read and commented on the entire stack of "Dear Deb" letters that my ASC 190 students wrote this morning. (I feel extra good about this one, since I rarely read assignments the day they're turned in.)
- read an important service-learning document I got in the mail yesterday.
- checked my bloggies and other RSS feeds.
The only thing I have left on my list is "Plan unit one for ENGL 111." Which should be fun. But I'm draggin', man.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home